I’m Emily, and I'm a Documentary Wedding and Family Photographer in beautiful city of Durham, in North East England, but I'm quite happy to travel anywhere in the UK or beyond to photograph your wedding.
I live in a little townhouse with my bearded guitar-playing husband Rich, our two kids Bobby and Lottie - and our latest arrival, Sooty the hamster! Bobby only sits still to eat and sleep and he's mad on sport - mostly rugby and smashing things playing football in the house, and Lottie is the youngest and more chilled out version of her brother, mad keen on gymnastics, dodging balls kicked by her brother and thumb-sucking.
- My favourite things in the world are adventures to new places, camp fires, my converse trainers and going to see live music, any genre of music really, but I do love a bit of Maximo Park, Kasabian and London Grammar.
- I couldn't live without a nice cup of Yorkshire tea in the morning, milk, no sugar.
- When I'm not shooting weddings you’ll find me running about in my trainers with my kids, hair scraped back, looking un-glam. I love gardening, but most of my houseplants die! I love cooking weird and wonderful recipes from old cook books, which mostly taste like dog-turd, but every now and then I make something that actually tastes ok! Sometimes, you can catch me signing up for some stupid physical challenge, usually involving me pulling on a wetsuit and jumping into a lake! I more than freak out if I can't see the bottom and I'm seriously afraid of pikes, not really any other fish...just pikes! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I DO IT! My next challenge will be the Great North Swim-Run in Windermere in June...best get thinking about, starting to plan that training!!
- Evenings are for cosy PJ's, a glass of wine and sitting on the sofa with my husband to watch old tv series like Spaced or Flight of the Conchords. Well, either that or going to see live music with friends. There's no middle-ground with me; I'm either out-out, or in-in!! Rich is in a covers band called The Black Thorns, so I'll sometimes go and mosh along in the local pub to ACDC or Guns n' Roses.
- My family are the most important thing to me, when we're not doing all of the above, you can usually find us outdoors, either getting lost and muddy in a forest somewhere or playing on a beach in Northumberland.
Did I mention that...
- I am a professionally trained award winning photojournalist with over 12 years experience in Editorial Press photography, having worked for regional and national newspapers and magazines since 2002. Oh, some of the stories I have to tell of the things I've seen! From getting punched in the face outside court, to having my shoes vomited on, to photographing Kasabian before they were famous (and Sam Fender - watch out for him in 2019!), to tripping up Ricky from the Kaiser Chiefs while he was performing (one of my proudest moments), to shooting the Queen (not literally) and the odd Prime Minister. I also took a selfie on Engelbert Humperdinks loo once. I'll tell you all about it over a drink sometime...
- Would I go back to Press photography? NO! Photographing weddings are WAY more fun!! I really, really enjoy getting involved in all the emotions of your wedding day, and I'll come away from each wedding with cheek-ache from grinning all day behind my camera! (or wiping away a small tear during speeches)! It's just the best job ever. The best thing about being a Wedding Photographer is that I get to work five days a week in my PJ's and photograph people in love! You can follow me on instagram if you would like to see some examples of what I get up to.
- I met my husband at school, and I haven't killed him...yet
- I have three sisters, I think my dad really wanted a boy...
- I love camping, my husband doesn't, so sometimes trick him into coming Glamping with me
- New York is my favourite city (I’ve visited so far…)
My couples love throwing a great party, and the last thing they want is a photographer who is super cheesy and makes them pose all day! They love the out-takes just as much as the main photos!
My wedding photography style is fun and relaxed. Perfect for anyone who shudders at the thought of cheesy, awkward posing! If you're looking for a wedding photographer with a chilled-out vibe, who could easily be one of your guests but who happens to take hellish photos of your day, then we need to chat!
I capture all the special and funny moments, and let you get on with having a brilliant time. For me the best bit about a wedding day is the dancing, because everyone lets their hair down! Just being yourselves is the winning formula!!
Your wedding is all about love and laughter. You don't care about fancy limos or worrying about the little things that don't matter - you just want to dance wildly to the band with your favourite people.
If this sounds like you, and you don't think I'm a total weirdo (or maybe you do and you like it!) then Get In Touch!
If you want to know more about what I can offer, you may want to start with looking at my Portfolio, my Style or even reading some of the fantastic testimonials or Raves I have received. If you still want to know more please check out my blog. I'm always up for meeting up for a coffee or even a glass of wine, if you would like to chat some more don't hesitate to Contact Me.
Fun, colourful, un-posed Documentary Wedding, Engagement, Lifestyle and Portraiture photographer based in Durham, covering County Durham, North Yorkshire, Newcastle and Northumberland, and travelling all over the UK.